UUV Aquabotix has appointed David Batista as a new chief executive officer. Batista has over 20 years’ experience in working with small-cap listed companies, both in the United States and Australia.Most recently, David was senior managing director of Viriathus Holdings. He previously held roles with HPC Capital Management, SoundView Technology Group and Lehman Brothers.Batista holds a bachelor of science degree in Business Administration and certificate in International Marketing from C.W. Post College.Following the appointment of Batista as new CEO, Durval Tavares, the founder of the company and the outgoing CEO, will take over the role of chief technology officer.Durval Tavares, Aquabotix’s outgoing CEO and current CTO, said, “I established Aquabotix in 2011 to develop and build class-leading technology for the underwater world. To this day that remains my goal, and I am enthused to be able to devote my time exclusively to leading the technology function of Aquabotix. There are a number of projects underway that we look forward to bringing to market in the near-term.”David Batista, Aquabotix’s incoming CEO, added, “I am confident to be leaving an executive position with a successful independent financial services firm for this opportunity in a nascent and rapidly growing market. The underwater drone market is up for grabs in a number of industry verticals – military, security and law enforcement, energy, aquaculture, marine construction and maintenance, recreational, and others. Thanks to Durval’s and the team’s prior efforts, Aquabotix has the technology and the early sales lead to secure a substantial part of these emerging markets, provided that it attacks these markets with energy and vigor. I am excited to lead this charge and believe that the team and I will be able to capitalize on my skills and experience in establishing a leading market position.”
Tipp senior football coach Shane Stapleton has wished him all the best. A Tipp senior footballer has gone to Australia for a two week Aussie Rules trial.Jack Kennedy looks set to follow in the footsteps of Colin O’Riordan who took up a professional contract with Sydney Swans and made his professional debut in February this year.The Commercials man, who made his debut for the Tipperary senior footballers in their impressive win over Cavan, is on trial at North Melbourne who were impressed with his performance in that game.
2 March 2010 Pretoria’s streets were a sea of yellow and green on Tuesday as South Africans wearing Bafana Bafana jerseys celebrated the 100 days countdown to the 2010 Fifa World Cup. Speaking to BuaNews, vuvuzelas in hand, ordinary South Africans said they wanted to be part of the celebrations, and assured the national team that they were behind them. A second-year student from the University of Pretoria, Samantha Naidoo, 21, said she wouldn’t miss the “once-in-a-lifetime” event for anything. Wearing her yellow jersey, Naidoo said she had already bought tickets for four matches, including the opening game. “It is history in the making, which may never come back in our lifetime, and I want the whole world to see how proud we are of our country,” Naidoo said. Nokwanda Makaula, 34, from the Eastern Cape, said the tournament would put Africa, especially South Africa, on the map. “Generations to come will know that the first world cup in Africa was held here,” Makaula said, adding that she would be watching all the matches at the fan parks. “I would have loved to go to the stadiums, but I don’t have the money, but I’ll watch the games at the fan parks and big screens organised by the municipalities,” Makaula told BuaNews. For 40-year-old Bheki Mkhize from Sunnyside, Pretoria, the World Cup will boost the country’s economy. “Everyone is looking forward to coming to the country, and that means more money for us,” Mkhize said. “After today’s celebrations, no one will ever doubt that the tournament is really coming here and we are ready.” With the little income she gets from selling fruits in central Pretoria, Lynette Tau, 38, said she had managed to buy the national team’s soccer jersey. “I was so excited and saved my money so that I can have enough to buy the jersey, and I did. “I’m a proud South African, and hopefully I will live longer to tell my grandchildren about it,” Tau said, adding that it wasn’t about winning the World Cup, but about proving to the world that the country is capable of hosting big events just like any developed country. Source: BuaNews
WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding “It’s a little soon to be predicting a record,” said Espinoza, who heads sports for Showtime. “But the record is definitely within reach.”Estimates vary, but if an average of 10 people watched each pay-per-view the total audience for Saturday’s fight in the US could reach 50 million people, or nearly one in six Americans.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutout“I’d absolutely call this a complete success,” Espinoza said. “This was a fight that had massive expectations in both the fight itself and the business results. It lived up to those expectations in every respect.”At $99.95 a buy, the pay-per-view generated at least $450 million in revenue on domestic television alone, money from which each fighter gets an undisclosed percentage. Mayweather estimated after the fight he would make $300-350 million, while McGregor said his take would be around $100 million. View comments The pay-per-view numbers include streaming on the Showtime and UFC apps as well as cable and satellite television buys. The fight was held up briefly because of some streaming issues, but Espinoza said reports of widespread problems with the online feed were overblown.“We were particularly pleased with the digital streaming aspect,” he said. “It was our first venture going direct to consumers on Showtime and we were thrilled. We generated over four times the buys we had expected online.”There were also reports of several million illegal streams of the fight and Espinoza said Showtime’s anti-piracy technicians saw more illegal streams than any previous fight. But he said the nature of the fight meant groups of people gathered to watch it, and that most bought it legitimately to be guaranteed the best possible feed.“We knew we had a massive event with huge interest,” he said. “And we knew a huge amount of people were going to be watching, including some who watched illegally.”Mayweather improved to 50-0 in what he said was his last fight, while McGregor is expected to return to UFC following his only pro fight. Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Floyd Mayweather Jr., left, and Conor McGregor pose during a news conference after a super welterweight boxing match Sunday, Aug. 27, 2017, in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/Isaac Brekken)LAS VEGAS — Conor McGregor’s improbable challenge of Floyd Mayweather Jr. was a hit at the box office and could end up the biggest pay-per-view ever, with an estimated 50 million people watching in the United States alone.Preliminary figures released by Showtime PPV on Friday showed the fight was tracking in the “mid to high” 4 million range, threatening the 4.6 million record set by Mayweather’s 2015 fight with Manny Pacquiao. Showtime’s Stephen Espinoza said the number will likely rise some as more firm figures come in.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES Barcelona closes transfer market with whimper Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnesses Manny Pacquiao on Floyd Mayweather: Let him enjoy retirement PLAY LIST 00:44Manny Pacquiao on Floyd Mayweather: Let him enjoy retirement01:49Pacquiao to Mayweather: Want fans to stop asking for rematch? Then fight me again00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chief Though the fight suffered some at the box office because of extremely high ticket prices, it hit the kind of numbers on pay-per-view that promoters were hoping for. When added all together the fight could generate some $600 million in total revenue, which would be along the lines of the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight.Mayweather stopped McGregor in the 10th round, the first time he has had a real stoppage in nearly a decade. But McGregor’s performance also won some applause, as he boxed better in his first boxing match as a pro than many thought he would.Assuming the preliminary estimates hold up, Mayweather will have participated in the top four pay-per-view events of all time. His fight with Oscar De La Hoya in 2007 sold 2.4 million pay-per-views, and his 2014 fight with Canelo Alvarez sold 2.2 million.Espinoza said he should know by next week whether the fight will end up No. 1 or No. 2 on the all-time list. But he said the early estimates were lower than what the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight ended up to be, and that this would likely go higher, too.“There could be a good amount of growth between the initial numbers and where we eventually end up,” Espinoza said.ADVERTISEMENT Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension Read Next MOST READ Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games
N.C. State freshman forward Abdul-Malik Abu was very close with Deah Shaddy Barakat, one of the victims of the Chapel Hill shooting earlier this month. In the wake of the tragedy, Abu posted a touching tribute to Barakat, his wife and her sister on Instagram. At Barakat’s wedding in December, Abu vowed he would beat UNC and Duke for his friend, a die-hard N.C. State fan. Barakat posted this photo to remind Abu after the Wolfpack upset Duke last month. “I’m gonna beat Duke and UNC for you as my wedding gift” @malikabuA photo posted by @arabprodigy0 on Jan 11, 2015 at 12:47pm PST On Tuesday, N.C. State stunned rival North Carolina in Chapel Hill. Abu made sure to let his friend know that he had fulfilled his promise, even if he was no longer alive to see him do it. Thanks Deah for being a special person to all of us. This one was for you your family and and the wonderful people of #WPN !!!!! Love you man #RIP #WeDidIt #iPromisedYouManA photo posted by Abdul-Malik Abu (@malikabu) on Feb 24, 2015 at 7:07pm PSTWhat an awesome way for Abu to keep his friend’s memory alive.[ SBNation ]
ANN ARBOR, MI – OCTOBER 22: Fans watch a Michigan Wolverines flag after a score against the Illinois Fighting Illini on October 22, 2016 at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan. (Photo by Gregory Shamus/Getty Images) *** Local Caption ***The image of Charles Woodson walking off the Michigan Stadium field with a rose in between his teeth following the Wolverines’ victory against Ohio State is an iconic one for those associated with the program. One Michigan fan has gotten said image tattooed on their body. Check out this incredible piece of art a Wolverines’ fan recently had done: First tattoo is done. #GoBlue. 〽️ pic.twitter.com/pFwAweC8zt— Honey Breezy (@BHugh_215) March 1, 2015Woodson, the 1997 Heisman Trophy winner, helped Michigan win the Rose Bowl and a share of the national championship that season.
Iowa’s loss to Michigan State in the Big Ten Championship knocked the Hawkeyes out of the College Football Playoff chase, though the team still earned the No. 5 ranking and a spot in the Rose Bowl opposite Pac-12 champion Stanford. All season long, Fox Sports’ Colin Cowherd has mocked the Hawkeyes and challenged their credentials. He’s called the team overrated and “a fraud” even as it started off 12-0. Today, in typical Cowherd fashion, he got in one final parting shot at the black-and-gold clad program and its fans. Cowherd released a light-hearted video set to the tune of Sarah McLachlan’s “I Will Remember You.” He stares wistfully into the camera as lyrics poking fun at the Hawkeyes’ wins over lesser opponents play. My heartfelt message to Hawkeye Nation https://t.co/OizoLJnYeu— Colin Cowherd (@ColinCowherd) December 8, 2015For Iowa fans still looking for a reason to be mad at Cowherd, here’s another alley-oop for you, straight from the man himself.
Meanwhile, Montego Bay Mayor, Councillor Homer Davis, said the march past comes at a very critical time, given the current States of Public Emergency (SOEs) in St. James, Hanover and Westmoreland.He noted that the Second Battalion’s show of strength sends a strong signal that the Unit is “prepared for anything within St. James”.“They can suppress any criminal activities in St. James, and this should be a reassuring moment for the citizens of this parish to say, ‘we have the support of the military’,” said Mayor Davis.Drummers of the Second Battalion, Jamaica Regiment, participate in a March Past on St. James Street in Montego Bay on May 15. Hundreds of soldiers attached to the Second Battalion, Jamaica Regiment, displayed their full military might in a Battalion March Past in downtown Montego Bay, St. James, on Wednesday, May 15. The event was staged to reassure the citizens of the Second City of the Jamaica Defence Force’s strong presence in western Jamaica. It also doubled as a celebration of the Unit’s 40th anniversary since its inception in 1979. Story Highlights “We [also] have the support of the Jamaica Constabulary Force, because they also will be showing their own strength in short order. So, this to me and the citizens, is a very welcome sight to show Jamaica and to show St. James that they [should] have no fear, because the military and the police are here,” he added. “It’s just a show of strength and show of numbers to reassure the citizens that the army is here,” Sergeant Jason Lampart told JIS News. Hundreds of soldiers attached to the Second Battalion, Jamaica Regiment, displayed their full military might in a Battalion March Past in downtown Montego Bay, St. James, on Wednesday, May 15.The event was staged to reassure the citizens of the Second City of the Jamaica Defence Force’s strong presence in western Jamaica. It also doubled as a celebration of the Unit’s 40th anniversary since its inception in 1979.“It’s just a show of strength and show of numbers to reassure the citizens that the army is here,” Sergeant Jason Lampart told JIS News.Members of the Second Battalion, Jamaica Regiment, take part in a March Past on St. James Street in Montego Bay on May 15.
zoomImage Courtesy: Nakilat Qatar-based Nakilat has established a new joint venture with shipping company Maran Ventures, expanding its fleet to 74 vessels.Under the deal, Nakilat would hold a 60% stake in the JV, while Maran Ventures will have the remaining 40%.With 4 LNG vessels managed and marketed by Nakilat under the new JV, the company’s fleet will increase to 74, representing 11.2% of the global LNG fleet in carrying capacity.Currently under construction in South Korea, the four vessels each have a cargo carrying capacity of 173,400 cbm. They are equipped with some of the most advanced technology in the market today, with two of them featuring ME-GI, and the other two X-DF propulsion systems.“This agreement is a step forward for the company as we expand our fleet with additional capacity to meet the growing international demand for clean energy. This has subsequently led to a significant increase in demand for LNG shipping, which we hope will have a positive effect on charter rates,” Abdullah Al Sulaiti, Nakilat’s Chief Executive Officer, said.
APTN National NewsDuring the election, APTN will be profiling 51 ridings the Assembly of First Nations say Aboriginal voters can make a difference.Riding: Dauphin-Swan River-NeepawaCandidates: Quick facts:Incumbent Conservative Robert Sopuck was first elected to Parliament in a 2010 by-election for Dauphin-Swan River-Marquette.In the 2011 general election, Sopuck took 63 % of the vote and beat out runner up NDP candidae Cheryl Osborne by nearly 11,000 votes.The riding is now called Dauphin Swan River-Neepawa.This is Laverne Lewycky’s 5th time running for a seat in the House of Commons.The NDPer worked behind the scenes for the party starting in 1980.In 1974 he started his run at Parliament representing Dauphin, winning once in 1980, and being defeated three times.Liberal Ray Piché is a 21 year veteran of the RCMP. After serving in Regina and Ottawa, Piché settled in Manitoba. The former Mountie isn’t new to politics. According to his website, he served briefly as a municipal councilor in the town of Emerson.According to the Green’s website, candidate Kate Storey is an organic farmer, ecologist and community advocate who graduated from the University of Manitoba with a degree in Botany, researching the effect of human activity on the habitat of Manitoba’s woodland caribou herd.The riding includes the Waywayseecappo First Nation and the Sioux Valley Dakota Nation