December 2, 2011 View post tag: News by topic Minister for Defence Dr Ng Eng Hen and Minister of State for Defence and Education Lawrence Wong officiated at the National Day Awards Investiture held at the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) this evening. This year, more than 550 personnel from MINDEF and the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) were presented awards in recognition of their commendable performance and devotion to duty and service.A total of 59 Commendation Medals, 120 Efficiency Medals and 382 Long Service Medals were given out to both military and non-military personnel held over two ceremonies. Spouses of the award recipients, as well as senior MINDEF officials and SAF officers were also present at the investiture.At an earlier National Day Awards ceremony officiated by President Dr Tony Tan on 20 Nov 2011, a total of 23 senior SAF officers and 9 MINDEF personnel received the Public Administration Medal. The award recipients comprised an SAF officer who was awarded the Public Administration Medal (Gold) (Military), 5 SAF officers who were awarded the Public Administration Medal (Silver) (Military) as well as 17 SAF officers who were awarded the Public Administration (Bronze) (Military). In addition, one MINDEF personnel was awarded the Public Administration Medal (Gold), another one a Public Administration Medal (Silver) and seven personnel were awarded the Public Administration Medal (Bronze).[mappress]Naval Today Staff, December 02, 2011; Image: mindef Back to overview,Home naval-today MINDEF, SAF Personnel Get National Day Awards View post tag: SAF View post tag: personnel View post tag: awards View post tag: get View post tag: MINDEF MINDEF, SAF Personnel Get National Day Awards Training & Education View post tag: Navy View post tag: Naval View post tag: day Share this article View post tag: National
The cruise ship has already been quarantined once, on Saturday at a port in Naha in Japan’s southernmost prefecture of Okinawa.But a second quarantine was organised after the man who disembarked in Hong Kong was found to be infected.Since Saturday, Japan has been barring foreign nationals who have been to Hubei in recent weeks, as well as holders of Chinese passports issued in Hubei. Arrivals displaying symptoms of the new virus can also be denied entry.A total of eight foreigners have been barred from entering so far, Suga said on Monday.The health ministry said as of Monday that 20 people in Japan have tested positive for the new virus, of whom four showed no symptoms.Japan has flown more than 500 citizens out of Wuhan, the epicentre of the coronavirus.Topics : Japan’s top government spokesman Yoshihide Suga said on Monday that Japanese authorities would quarantine the vessel, which arrived at Yokohama Bay a day earlier than originally planned.A woman in her twenties who was sailing with her mother on the ship told private broadcaster TBS on Tuesday that all passengers “were asked to stay in their rooms to wait for virus tests”.She said they had been waiting inside their room since Monday and had no word of when they would be tested as of early Tuesday.After the ship arrived in Yokohama on Monday evening, passengers were told their departure from the area would be delayed by 24 hours, a passenger told Kyodo News agency. Japan has quarantined a cruise ship carrying 3,500 people and was testing passengers for the new coronavirus on Tuesday after a passenger who departed in Hong Kong tested positive for the virus.Television footage showed images of several quarantine officers entering the Diamond Princess cruise ship at the port of Yokohama on Monday evening to check the health of all 2,500 passengers and 1,000 crew members.The move comes after an 80-year-old passenger who disembarked on January 25 in Hong Kong tested positive for the deadly virus.
Akinwumi said the competition has the backing of the football federation and that it is the first NFF protected tourney. The teams are divided into four groups with four schools in each group.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram The Season 8 of the annual Channels National Kids’ Cup will kickoff today at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, Lagos, with 16 schools participating. At a press conference to herald the competition, the Chairman Main Organising Committee, Steve Judo,promised that this year’s edition is going to be bigger as some states are participating in the competition for the first time.“The idea of the competition was one of the visions of the Chairman of Channels Television, Mr. John Momoh, which started as an invitational tournament to a national tourney,” Judo said.He however, promised that it would be transformed to a sub-regional event in next year’s edition.On his part, the first Vice Chairman of the Nigerian Football Federation, Seyi Akinwumi, said the Channels National Kids’ Cup is the future of Nigerian football, just as he promised that the effort of Channels Television would not be lost, while charging well meaning Nigerians and corporate bodies to support the competition.
Joseph “King Kong” Agbeko has admitted Guillermo Rigondeaux deserved to win Saturday night’s WBA/WBO World Super Bantamweight title fight, stating that he lost to one of the best fighters in the world.Guillermo Rigondeaux retained his titles with a 12-round, unanimous decision over former two-time bantamweight champ Joseph Agbeko at Boardwalk Hall’s Adrian Phillips Ballroom on Saturday night.Agbeko has received criticisms from the boxing world for his approach in the fight and faiing to match his Cuban counterpart in a bout that had Judges Eugene Grant (120-108), Ron McNair (120-108) and Robin Taylor (120-108) all scoring in favour of Rigondeaux.”I don’t care about what people are saying about me. I lost to one of the best fighters in the world. He (Rigondeaux) is so strong and brave. Rigondeaux is a succesive boxer and i took a risk to fight him because many boxers ran away from him. I am not bothered with what people say, i’ll train hard and bounce back,” Agbeko told Joy Sports.Agbeko, a native of Ghana, was a two-time IBF bantamweight champ who made the jump from 118 pounds to 122 for the first time Saturday night.The King Kong lost his IBF and WBC Silver Bantamweight bout to Abner Mares in 2011 and has since struggled to get a shot at the International stage. He recorded a 12 round Unanimous decision over Luis Melendez in March this year to secure the IBO Bantamweight title.
After almost two years in limbo, teachers can finally be promoted following the ruling made by acting Chief Justice Yonette Cummings-Edwards.The GTU during one of its protests against the TSCThe Teaching Services Commission (TSC), during its monthly statutory meeting on Tuesday, agreed to review the 2015/2016 Promotion List for School Administrators in the new school term.Teachers were not promoted for the years 2015 and 2016 thus far, owing to the conflict between the TSC, the body responsible for the promotions, and the Union.Last year, the Guyana Teachers Union (GTU) filed an injunction in the courts blocking the TSC and the Education Ministry from executing the promotions.According to the GTU, the reason for the injunction was to force the two bodies to review their process of promotion, since the Union strongly believed it was severely flawed.The TSC was using the assessments given by education officers, head-teachers, Regional Education Officers and not the provision of the Rule Book governing the promotion of teachers.The Union believes that the TSC’s method was defective, since those officials and headteachers could have exhibited favouritism in their assessment of teachers’ performance.The Union also believed that some officials and headteachers deliberately skewed assessments to stymie the development of teachers with whom they had personal conflicts.But the TSC decided to challenge the matter, contending that all of its promotions were above-board.The acting Chief Justice finally ruled on the matter in favour of the GTU, and the TSC has decided to not appeal the decision.The TSC explained that it was strongly advised by three Senior Counsels to appeal the court order, but since the pursuance of the appeal would result in a long and time-consuming process, the body decided to comply with the court’s decision “on humanitarian grounds”.“The TSC wishes to state that their decision not to appeal was primarily to avoid any further suffering of the affected teachers which would ultimately also affect the nation’s children,” the body said in a statement to the media.The TSC explained that it would have a “Special Full Commission” meeting in January 2017 to plan the review process.The organisation highlighted that the exercise would take a few months since a thorough examination of approximately 5000 applications would be done.
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Partly to mostly sunny today. Most of the scattered shower action stays north over Lake Erie and into southern Ontario, but we need to keep an eye out in NE Ohio.Tomorrow, Mostly sunny over 80% of the state. A small batch of moisture sneaks into far SW Ohio, near Cincinnati, and then affects the far southern tip of the state. Showers can give a few hundredths to .2″ there, but coverage is minor.Partly to mostly sunny from Saturday through Monday. Temps normal to above normal.Rain and thunderstorm action develops Tuesday. Rain totals can be from .1″-.75″ with 80% coverage. This likely is our best rain chance over the next 10 days.Partly to mostly sunny and dry again from next Wednesday through Sunday. For the weekend, through, there looks to be a little more instability over the state, so even though we expect partly sunny skies, we may have to watch for a few scattered showers. Right now they stay north into MI and over Lake Erie…but could easily drift south. The map at right shows rain potential through the next 10 days.For the rest of the extended period, we have rain potential for Sunday night through Monday the 19th, and some action may come as thunderstorms. That can produce .25″-1.5″ over 60% of Ohio.For Tuesday the 20th through Thursday the 22nd, we can see Partly to mostly sunny skies, but cant rule out of scattered showers on Thursday, triggering up to .25″ and 40% coverage.Showers move through to finish the extended period on Friday the 23rd. .1″-.4″ are the likely totals with 70% coverage.
Related Posts A Comprehensive Guide to a Content Audit The Dos and Don’ts of Brand Awareness Videos One of the most startling moments for tech junkies during the Boston Marathon bombing last April was the fact that Vine videos were some of the most sharable and informative updates, due mainly to the way news outfits could throw them into breaking stories and livestreams.Now, nearly three weeks after launching its own video offering, Instagram has enabled the same embeddable function for both its photos and videos.See also: Instagram Video May Be Strangling Vine, But This Fight Isn’t OverIt’s not clear what effect the move may have on the apparent decline in Vine’s popularity vis-a-vis Instagram microvideo. But Instagram, which is cruising towards its third birthday this fall and still growing consistently since Facebook acquired it last December, now holds an enviable position in the world of social media. How To Embed Your Instagram VideosThe process is simple. Instagram added a new share button on the right side of all photos and videos, right under the comments button, that gives you an embed code. nick statt The company has also made it clear that your credit stays intact: “[C]licking on the Instagram logo will take people to your page on Instagram.com where they can discover more of your photos and videos,” the blog post reads.To see how it looks on a page, here’s a video embed from CEO Kevin Systrom himself. Note that you can’t like an image or video or leave a comment unless you head to Instagram.com.Unlike Vike videos, which are set to autoplay on any page and in the app itself, Instagram video embeds remain static until a user clicks the play button. See also: The Killer Feature In Instagram Microvideo Isn’t What You ThinkAs for privacy—a must-ask question for any new announcement coming out of Facebook HQ—Instagram says it’s committed to keeping things simple. Embed codes are only available to those whose photos and videos are public, the blog post states, meaning even those with access to a friend’s private account can’t share out their photos or videos. Lead image by Madeleine Weiss for ReadWrite Tags:#Instagram#photo sharing#video sharing Guide to Performing Bulk Email Verification Facebook is Becoming Less Personal and More Pro…
Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Against the region’s volleyball team, the Filipinos are not only shooting for a better record than in the AVC but are also aiming for the top prize.“We will give out best come the SEA Games,” said national team veteran Jovelyn Gonzaga in Filipino Thursday at Alonte Sports Arena. “The goal is to bring home a medal for the Philippines, and we’ll put on our best performance there.”FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutThe Philippines had a chance to take the seventh place in the tournament but its spirited comeback against the 21st-ranked Kazakhs lasted just two sets.Gonzaga said they failed to adjust quicker to the Kazakhs’ constant attacks in the fifth set and she hopes they can improve on their mental toughness come the Games at Kuala Lumpur. Man sworn in as lawyer by judge who sentenced him to prison as a teen 20 years ago PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games PLAY LIST 03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games05:25PH boxing team determined to deliver gold medals for PH00:50Trending Articles01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games03:04Filipino athletes share their expectations for 2019 SEA Games00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics02:25PH women’s volleyball team motivated to deliver in front of hometown crowd01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games Ronaldo says his ban for pushing referee is ‘persecution’ LATEST STORIES Catriona Gray spends Thanksgiving by preparing meals for people with illnesses CONTRIBUTED PHOTOBIÑAN, Laguna—The Philippines had a disappointing end in the AVC Asian Senior Women’s Volleyball Championship after losing in five sets to Kazakhstan 25-20, 25-20, 21-25, 21-25, 15-3, to finish at eighth place.But the AVC is just the first part of the national team’s grueling August schedule as it will also compete in the 2017 Southeast Asian Games in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.ADVERTISEMENT Read Next MOST READ LOOK: Venues for 2019 SEA Games SEA Games in Calabarzon safe, secure – Solcom chief WATCH: Streetboys show off slick dance moves in Vhong Navarro’s wedding Flags of SEA Games countries raised at Athletes Village View comments “I think our opponents read our strategy and we had a hard time adjusting,” said Gonzaga who had 10 points in the loss. “Holding on to your momentum all depends on the team’s mental toughness and that’s the area we have to improve on.” Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. UPLB exempted from SEA Games class suspension
Dennis WardAPTN National NewsThe company behind the Dakota Access Pipeline says there are no contractual obligations tied to the beginning of 2017.And Energy Transfer Partners expects a different take on the construction of the controversial pipeline once President Elect Donald Trump is sworn in on January 20th.Earlier this month, a report called “The High-Risk Financing Behind the Dakota Access Pipeline: A Potential Stranded Asset in the Bakken Region of North Dakota” was released.The report from the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis and Sightline Institute states that the project has a deadline before losses will be felt.“DAPL faces a looming financial deadline,” researchers wrote. “The pipeline’s principal backer, Energy Transfer Partners, has conceded in court proceedings that is has a contractual obligation to complete the project by January 1, 2017. If it misses the deadline, companies that have committed long-term to ship oil through the pipeline at 2014 prices have the right to rescind those commitments and may well exercise that right.”And according to media sources in the United States, Sunoco Logistics Partners has announced a nearly $20 billion merger with Energy Transfer Partners.In an email to APTN, Energy Transfer Partners spokesperson Vicki Granado said is false.“There is nothing contractual tied to the January 1 date. That was an initial in-service target date. The contractual dates are further out and pose no issue to the project.”Granado said the company has no worries that investors will start pulling out of the project. The company currently has equipment on site and ready to drill under the water to complete the North Dakota portion of the four-state pipeline. The company is capable of drilling even during a harsh North Dakota winter.The company currently has equipment on site and ready to drill under the water to complete the North Dakota portion of the four-state pipeline. The company is capable of drilling even during a harsh North Dakota winter.The Army Corps of Engineers has hit the pause button on the project while it continues its discussions with Standing Rock Sioux Tribe. The prospect a re-route was mentioned by United States President Barack Obama. But the company says it is not interested in a reroute and has filed a lawsuit alleging there is political interference at play.The prospect a re-route was mentioned by U.S. President Barack Obama. But the company says it is not interested in a reroute and has filed a lawsuit alleging there is political interference at play.The IEEFA report also makes the case the regional oil transport infrastructure is overbuilt already and suggests DAPL is superfluous.The Dakota Access Pipeline Limited has resulted in violent clashes between heavily armed police and National Guard forces and the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and thousands of Native Americans and First Nations people who have come together to support them.To date, hundreds of people have been arrested and injured during clashes with police.An eviction notice was issued by USACE for Dec. 5. The Corps then clarified it would not forcibly remove people. That was followed by Executive Order by ND Gov calling for the camp to be [email protected]
WATERLOO, Ont. – Shopify Inc. (TSX:SHOP) plans to add up to 500 jobs in Waterloo, Ont. which would triple its workforce there over the next couple of years.The Ottawa-based technology company says it plans to add between 300 to 500 full-time positions to focus on growing its Shopify Plus platform, which supports the largest and most complex retailers.Shopify says it is also set to open another building in Waterloo by the first quarter of next year to accommodate the workforce growth.The rapidly growing online platform builder for small businesses was founded in 2004 and has since grown to more than 1,900 employees, according to its 2016 annual report.Its shares plunged earlier this month after it was targeted by U.S. short seller Andrew Left of Citron Research, who alleged that the company is running an overvalued get-rich-quick-scheme.Shopify’s chief executive Tobias Lutke says he will push back against the short seller’s allegations during the release of their next financial results.