上海 外菜 vx
Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) MGN ImageALBANY – Juneteenth is now an official holiday in New York State.Governor Andrew Cuomo first made it a holiday by executive order earlier this year and now made the act permanent after signing legislation on Wednesday.Juneteenth commemorates June 19, 1865, the day slaves in Texas first learned they had been freed years earlier by President Abraham Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation.It also celebrates achievements in the Black community. “I am incredibly proud to sign into law this legislation declaring Juneteenth an official holiday in New York State, a day which commemorates the end to slavery in the United States,” Governor Cuomo said. “This new public holiday will serve as a day to recognize the achievements of the Black community, while also providing an important opportunity for self-reflection on the systemic injustices that our society still faces today.”The new holiday makes 13 paid holidays for state employees.
The Vermont Agency of Transportation will begin to replace the Williamsville Covered Bridge on Dover Road on Monday, July 5. The bridge will be out of service through August 29, 2010. The detour around the bridge on Parish Hill and Baker Brook Road is about two miles long and will have signs. Motorists should factor time for the detour into their travel plans.The Williamsville Covered Bridge reconstruction project involves reconstructing the existing historic bridge, built around 1850, with a new replacement covered bridge. VTRANS expects to open the new bridge to traffic on August 30. Source: VTrans Director Planning, Outreach & Community Affairs 6.29.2010
U.S. Labor Department: Coal mining employment fell to record low in 2018 FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享West Virginia Public Radio:It’s been two years since President Donald Trump took office and began rolling back environmental regulations on the coal industry. At a November rally in Huntington, West Virginia, the president took credit for a coal comeback in front of a cheering crowd.But federal data about the industry tell a different story. Mine operators and independent contractors are required to report regular employment information to the Department of Labor’s Mine Safety and Health Administration, or MSHA. Preliminary figures for 2018 show 80,778 people were employed by mine operators and contractors. That’s a record low, and about a thousand fewer than were employed by coal in the last year of the Obama administration.Nationwide, coal plant retirements neared a record high, and overall coal production dropped to the lowest level in nearly 40 years, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, a non-partisan government agency that tracks energy trends.The Trump administration has leaned heavily on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to try to boost the region’s coal industry. In March 2017, Trump signed an executive order that kicked off an in-depth review of a series of environmental regulations. Since then, the administration has proposed a series of regulatory rollbacks aimed at helping struggling coal plants and operators.But many industry analysts believe Trump’s looser environmental rules have not helped the industry. “So, we had some pretty significant regulatory rollbacks in 2018,” said Trevor Houser, a coal analyst at the independent research company Rhodium Group. “And yet, 2018 was a record year in terms of coal plant retirements.”Across the Ohio Valley, utilities announced more coal power plant closures in 2018. After Ohio-based FirstEnergy Solutions declared bankruptcy, it announced it would close two coal-fired power plants, one in Pennsylvania and one in Ohio. Another of its plants in West Virginia will close by 2022. Another major utility, American Electric Power, announced it was moving up the closure date for some units in its Conesville plant in Ohio to 2019.A report by the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis, an energy think tank, found cost is the biggest force in coal’s decline. Renewables and gas-fired generation continue to provide a cheaper and more flexible alternative.More: Coal comeback? Coal at new low after two years under Trump
FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Associated Press:Hawaiian Electric Company Inc. has proposed using giant batteries manufactured by auto maker Tesla Inc. to provide energy to Oahu’s power grid. The proposal estimates costs of $200 million to $300 million and would accommodate more renewable energy production across the island, The Honolulu Star-Advertiser reported Tuesday.Banks of liquid-cooled, lithium-ion batteries could become the first and biggest stand-alone, utility-scale energy battery system tied to the grid of Hawaii’s largest utility. The plan involves placing Tesla batteries in 244 lockers, with each one extending 23 feet (7 meters).Hawaiian Electric proposed developing the project in 2021 on land next to its Kahe power plant in Nanakuli on Oahu, along with four smaller energy storage facilities on Oahu, Maui and Hawaii island. The five storage systems are subject to a competitive bidding program in which Hawaiian Electric is the initiator but also a competitor and initial decision maker.Hawaiian Electric solicited bids in August for renewable energy production and storage systems of about 900 megawatts on Oahu, Maui and Hawaii island. The initiative is expected to be the largest push for renewable energy in Hawaii so far. Hawaiian Electric plans to select the winning bids in May. A majority of the new capacity, about 600 megawatts, is planned for Oahu and could be developed with or without attached battery storage.Hawaiian Electric believes the company can produce stand-alone storage at a reasonable cost because of its capacity to build battery facilities on land it owns next to substations that reduce infrastructure connection costs, spokeswoman Sharon Higa said.More: Hawaiian Electric proposes Tesla batteries for Oahu power Hawaiian Electric proposes big battery storage buildout on Oahu
12SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr Our economy has increasingly been financialized, and the result is a sluggish economy with stagnant wages. We need to decide whether to stop the cycle and save the economy at large or to stay in thrall to our banks and bondholders. Without clearing our debt, the economy will continue to languish in debt deflation and polarization between creditors and debtors.As a statistical measure, financialization is the degree to which debt accounts for a rising proportion of income or the value of an asset, such as a company or piece of property. The ratio tends to rise until defaults lead to a crisis that wipes out the debt, converts it into equity or transfers assets from defaulting debtors to creditors.As an economic process, financialization makes money through debt leverage — taking on debt to pay for things that will increase income or the value of assets: for instance, taking out a loan for education or a mortgage on a property to open a store. But instead of using credit to finance tangible industrial investment that expands production, banks have been lending to those who want to buy property already in place — mainly real estate, stocks and bonds already issued — and to corporate raiders — those who buy companies with high-interest bonds. The effect often leaves a bankrupt shell of a company, or at least enables corporate raiders to threaten employees with bankruptcy that would wipe out their pension funds or employee stock ownership plans if they do not agree to replace defined benefit pensions with riskier contribution schemes. continue reading »
April the Giraffe, who also lives at Animal Adventure Park, gave birth to Tajiri the calf in 2017. The park says it will provide weekly updates on Fridays at 11 a.m. on the possibility of a calf being born. HARPURSVILLE, N.Y. (WBNG) — There could be a baby giraffe at Animal Adventure Park soon. Additionally, you can check out the park’s giraffe cam by clicking here. On its Facebook page, the park said Johari the giraffe may be pregnant with a calf. So far, the park says testing has been inconclusive but there is some physical and behavioral evidence that may suggest she is.
“We know it. We spoke about it many times, not this week but the last years, many times. If we want to make a step forward as a team to be close to winning this competition, we have to be better in this area.” Interestingly, if Man City progress, Guardiola will become the first manager to defeat Zinedine Zidane in a European knockout tie after the Los Blancos boss masterminded a run of three Champions League triumphs from 2015-16 to 2017-18. “When you think that you’ve got one of his tactical plans covered, he’ll hit you with another tactical plan or revert to the original one that you thought he was going to start with,” Guardiola noted. “In the dim and distant past, we played the first leg and what we can remember from the first leg we’ve put to good use. “We spoke about that game and since then we’ve watched all Madrid’s games since La Liga restarted. “We’ve spoken about how we think Madrid might approach this game. But what we’ve done more in these past two weeks is talked about what we can do – how we can hurt Madrid and areas we can cause problems for them.” Guardiola’s preparations for the game have been thrown partially into flux by the news that teenage centre-back Eric Garcia has declined a new contract at City. Garcia established himself as the first-choice partner for Aymeric Laporte over recent weeks but has been heavily linked with a return to his boyhood club Barcelona. At the other end of the field, Sergio Aguero remains sidelined having undergone meniscus surgery, but Guardiola is not ruling out having City’s all-time record scorer back for the final stages, should they survive Real Madrid test. Pep Guardiola has warned his Manchester City squad members they must be at their best as they prepare to tackle Real Madrid at the Etihad Stadium tonight. Guardiola has claimed all domestic honours since joining City in 2016, with this season’s EFL Cup the sixth major silverware of his reign. Loading… Read Also: David Silva open talks to join Serie A club “Right now, I don’t know,” he added. “He is still in Barcelona [where Aguero had the operation]. He is getting better. I spoke with the doctors and everything is like we thought. “Hopefully he can come back and start training with us, but I don’t know.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 “But most of them were goals we could have avoided. We have to avoid it. Making mistakes in this competition punishes you a lot. The Spaniard has been unable to end his club’s wait for a maiden Champions League title, however, with Tottenham and Liverpool ending their compatriots’ involvement at the quarter-final stage in the past two seasons. Man City hold a 2-1 advantage over Madrid heading into the second leg of their last-16 tie today, with a place at the concluding mini-tournament in Lisbon up for grabs. However, their 3-0 bashing at Anfield in 2018, with all of Liverpool’s goals coming within the space of 19 first-half minutes, serves as a cautionary tale, as well as conceding cheap against Monaco – in 2017 – and Tottenham when departing on away goals on those occasions. “Yeah definitely,” Guardiola told a news conference when asked whether it was a concern. “More than conceding a goal is the way we concede a goal. “When they are brilliant and make a good action, we have to accept it. Promoted Content10 Extremely Dirty Seas In The WorldThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread ArtThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreA Guy Turns Gray Walls And Simple Bricks Into Works Of Art2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearThe Models Of Paintings Whom The Artists Were Madly In Love With7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterWho Earns More Than Ronaldo?Couples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayBest Car Manufacturers In The World
Indiana and Ohio—Ezzo Sausage Company in Columbus, Ohio is recalling approximately 25,000 pounds of sausage products because of possible Listeria contamination.The ready-to-eat sausage products were produced on Oct. 29, Oct. 30, and Nov. 5, 2019 and shipped to distribution centers in Indiana and Ohio.FSIS is concerned that some product may be in distribution centers, restaurants, or institutional refrigerators or freezers. Restaurants and institutions that have purchased these products are urged not to serve them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 1838A” inside the USDA mark of inspection. Click here to see the product list. A sample tested positive, prompting the recall. There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.Consumption of food contaminated with L. monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, a serious infection that primarily affects older adults, persons with weakened immune systems, and pregnant women and their newborns.Less commonly, persons outside these risk groups are affected.