上海龙凤 shlf 77
SANDALS RESORTS FIRST HIGH STREET STORE OPENS Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 11 May 2015 – Elections in the UK have firmly put the Conservative Party in the driver’s seat of governance in Great Britain. Over the weekend David Cameron led the Conservatives to 331 seats and 24 more than the last election. Cameron, who for the past five years led a coalition government, on Friday pledged to build a Greater Great Britain. Following the loss for the Labour Party, its leader Ed Miliband resigned the position. Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp PDM gets 22 potential candidate applications; public meeting tomorrow STATEMENT ISSUED BY THE OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL 1ST JUNE 2016 Recommended for you Related Items:conservatives, david cameron, ed millibaand, election, labour party, UK
For the Rangers boss, this victory at the Scottish Premier League derby is for all the supporters who have endured hard times with the clubA single goal by Ryan Jack at the 30th-minute mark gave Rangers a 1-0 victory over Celtic in the Scottish Premier League national derby.This means this is the first Gers’ triumph in the Old Firm since 2012.“This moment is all about the supporters,” said coach Steven Gerrard according to The Sportsman.“They have been through a lot.”Johnston is disappointed after being injured Manuel R. Medina – September 11, 2019 Celtic winger Mikey Johnston was disappointed to miss Scotland Under 21 national team’s victories over San Marino and Croatia, and he hopes he can return to play soon.“We should have it won the game more comfortably – we were superb today,” he added.“We were brave and we played with courage and belief.”“There is still a lot of work to do but the first half of the season has gone really well,” he concluded.After this game, both teams have 42 points in the top of the table, but the goal difference means Celtic is first and Rangers is second.
WILMINGTON, MA — The Wilmington Middle School Drama Club presents its spring musical, “Seussicial The Musical” on Thursday, March 21, 2019 (7pm); Friday, March 22, 2019 (7pm); and Saturday, March 23, 2019 (1pm) in the Wilmington Middle School Auditorium.Come enjoy the story of Horton and some of our favorite Dr. Seuss characters. Tickets are available at the door. Tickets cost $10 for adults and $7 for students (12 and under).Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedWilmington Middle School Drama Club Presents ‘Alice In Wonderland’ On March 22-24In “Education”5 Things To Do In Wilmington On Thursday, March 21, 2019In “5 Things To Do Today”5 Things To Do In Wilmington On Friday, March 22, 2019In “5 Things To Do Today”
Meghan MarkleGetty ImagesMeghan Markle needs to do something to get back into the Queen’s good grace. The public display of affection notwithstanding, it looks like there could be trouble brewing between the Queen and the Duchess.It was reported earlier that the Queen had rebuked Meghan Markle from wearing a particular set of jewellery. Some have claimed this as preferential treatment towards the other Duchess in the Royal Family, Kate Middleton. But what has Royal observers interested is the manner of the reprimand. According to commentator Gavin Gray, the Duchess of Sussex sparked a chilling reaction from the Queen when she demanded to be allowed to wear a part of the collection.Speaking to Studio 10, Mr. Gray said: “There was this row where Meghan wanted this particular necklace, Harry said ‘Meghan gets what Meghan wants,’ and the Queen turned around and said ‘oh, no, she doesn’t. I decide what necklace is going to be worn out of the Royal Collection’. Meghan MarkleGetty ImagesMeghan is a new addition to the Royal Family and has a long way to go before she has the same level of rapport that Kate Middleton enjoys with the monarch. So for now, Meghan should keep her head down and not antagonize the Queen any further. The commentator went on to say that this kind of behaviour from the Queen makes Harry feel that his wife Meghan is being looked down upon and not given the same standing as Kate.Apparently, the Queen’s decision has a lot to do with the pecking order she wishes to maintain in the Royal Family especially after Kate and Camilla joined the Royal family.
Defence industries in India will likely gain momentum under the rule of Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, only the second woman to hold the title in the country after Indira Gandhi, and the first to hold it full-time.Indian companies like Larsen and Toubro, Tata Power, Tata Motors, Cochin Shipyard, Bharat Electronics, Reliance Defence, Ashok Leyland and Bharat Forge have been waiting for years for India’s sizeable defence capital expenditure, Economic Times reported.But despite having many home-based defence companies, India is still one of the largest importers of defence products.Global arms sales over the last five years reached their highest level since 1990, with India being the world’s largest defence importer, according to an International Peace Research Institute report. India accounted for 13 percent of global arms imports between 2012 and 2016.India’s defence technological advancement has been clearly very slow, and if there is any war, India may not be prepared for it.However, the government is now pushing for faster and better improvement in the defence sector, propelled by surging geopolitical threats — mainly from China and Pakistan. Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman returns a microphone after speaking with media at the 3rd Intersessional Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Ministerial Meeting in Hanoi, Vietnam May 22, 2017.Reuters fileMany significant defence projects, such as making submarines, frigates, battlefield management systems, artillery guns and tactical communication systems, are still on hold and need to be executed sooner than later.Make in India under Nirmala Sitharaman With Nirmala Sitharaman now appointed defence minister, expectations of local defence manufacturing companies are high that activities will likely gather steam in the defence sector and boost the Make in India initiative of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.The Make in India programme was launched in 2015 to encourage national and multinational companies to manufacture their products in India.If the overall activities are fast-tracked, analysts say India’s defence outlay could reach $250 billion over the next 10 years.That means the 30 percent local sources rule that applies on defence orders alone would offer a minimum opportunity of $75 billion for domestic players.However, defence companies in India have not shown any growth and neither received any order so far despite the government’s Make in India initiative. Now, with a full-time minister appointed, the sector is expected to grow.”With the support of the Prime Minister, so many things have happened in the ministry like Start-up India, Make in India, etc. There is some misconception about Make in India, but it will be answered,” said Nirmala Sitharaman after her appointment. Close 5 little-known facts about India’s new Defence Minister IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPlayMute0:00/0:00Loaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE0:00?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio TrackFullscreenThis is a modal window.The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading …
A broker reacts while trading at his computer terminal at a stock brokerage firmReuters fileIndian shares fell nearly 1.5 percent to a seven-month low on Thursday, joining a sell-off in global equities amid concerns about a slowdown in the world economy.Asian shares plunged after tech stocks caused the largest daily decline on Wall Street since 2011 in the previous session, wiping out all its gains for the year.Factors ranging from faster rate hikes in the United States to an ongoing Sino-U.S. trade war that threatens to hurt world growth have continued to make investors jittery.”The overnight drop in markets led to our futures being lower by 100 points, and that’s driving the fall today,” said Sunil Sharma, chief investment officer with Sanctum Wealth Management.”The fall in the U.S. market is likely a result of fears around slowing economic activity in the United States.”Investors were also cautious ahead of the expiry of derivatives contracts.The broader Nifty and the benchmark Sensex fell 1.4 percent each, with losses seen across the board, and heading for the fifth session of decline in six.Conglomerate Reliance Industries Ltd was the biggest drag on both indexes. It declined as much as 2.5 percent to its lowest since July 11 and was headed for a sixth straight session of falls.Mobile carrier Bharti Airtel Ltd dropped 5.5 percent in its biggest intraday percentage fall in nearly three weeks, ahead of its September-quarter results later in the day.ICICI Bank Ltd slipped 2.7 percent, while Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd fell 2 percent.Shares of non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) also took a beating. Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd dropped 8.1 percent, Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd declined 7.5 percent and Repco Home Finance Ltd fell 5.5 percent.A series of defaults at a major NBFC sparked concerns of a liquidity crunch in the sector, and have soured trading sentiment.Shares of InterGlobe Aviation Ltd, owner of the country’s largest domestic carrier by market share – IndiGo, fell as much as 3.7 percent, a day after the company posted its first ever quarterly loss since its market debut in 2015.
Share Listen 00:00 /01:06 X To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: – / 4 At a meeting at Moody Park, people hovered around display boards to learn about MetroNext. That’s the transit agency’s plan for addressing the region’s population growth.Officials say they want to circle back on some of the projects voters approved in 2003 as part of the Metro Solutions initiative. Many of those projects, like a commuter rail system, have yet to be completed.One of the people at the Moody Park meeting was Kevin Hoffman, who’s active in the Lindale Park neighborhood. He says he likes the convenience of the light rail line and wishes he could take it all the way to the airport.“As we make that journey on to the airport, the next logical place would be to continue it on to Kingwood,” adds Hoffman. “That’s not that much further up the line.”And Hoffman says a commuter rail system would be a lot more convenient for people who currently rely on the park-and-ride buses. A train would allow for a lot more flexibility.“If they needed to come into the office for just a few hours they could get on a train and take that train back into their neighborhoods,” explains Hoffman. Also at the meeting was Heights resident Katie Atkiss who thinks more dedicated bus lanes would help. She told us about a recent trip between Montrose and the Heights that took about 40 minutes. “So I think it would be really great there,” says Atkiss.Metro is holding public meetings on the plan through the middle of August. Officials say at some point they’ll have to ask voters for more bonding authority to fund the selected projects.
Share David J. Phillip/APNASA Mission Control founder Chris Kraft in the old mission control at Johnson Space Center in Houston. This original mission control of the Apollo era is a national historic landmark.One of NASA’s first employees, key to creating the U.S. space program, has died at 95. Chris Kraft was the agency’s first flight director and managed all of the Mercury missions, as well some of the Gemini flights. He was a senior planner during the Apollo lunar program. Later he led the Johnson Space Center in Houston and oversaw development of the space shuttle.Anyone who has ever watched a rocket launch, marveled at the moon landings or seen the space station streak across the night sky can thank Kraft. “Chris Kraft really was the architect of mission control,” said Andrew Chaikin, who has written extensively about the space program. He says Kraft is synonymous with NASA, having directed some of the most important missions in the agency’s history including NASA’s first manned launch in 1961.It was a short, 15-minute suborbital flight piloted by Alan Shepard. A recording of the controllers during the mission captures Kraft coolly talking to his colleagues. In a 2015 NPR interview, Kraft said he might have sounded cool, “but I was shaking like a leaf. I wasn’t too bad after the first one. But that first one was something else.”During the 1960s, NASA was full of ideas and energy as the agency rushed to meet the end-of-decade challenge to land humans on the moon. The organization took risks and succeeded, in large part because of Kraft.He was a quick study (he finished his aeronautical engineering degree at Virginia Tech in two years). He joined NASA not long after it was created in 1958 and helped design a space program from scratch. It was a mighty undertaking. There were so many things he had to think through — like developing a communications system that would allow him to speak to the crew every 15 minutes. “What do I have to do to do that?” he asked, “Well, I had to build a whole damn worldwide network which had never been before. That, in itself, was quite a job.”In addition to the technical, he had to put together his team: dozens of controllers who monitored the astronauts and their spacecraft — anything to do with the mission. Chaikin said, “He was the general in battle with his troops and, you know, he had to coordinate all of them. He had to digest all these bits of data that were coming at him from all these different systems, all these different flight controllers.”“When I gave them the job,” Kraft recalled, “I said it’s your job to now take this on and get it done. I’m not going to stand behind you and push you. You come up with your ideas on how to do it.”His leadership was tested after the Apollo 1 launchpad fire in 1967. Three astronauts died during a countdown rehearsal. Kraft said he wrestled with whether the rush to the moon ultimately killed the crew. “We allowed the poor workmanship to happen,” he said. “That was unforgivable, frankly. That we knew it was happening. We weren’t willing to stop the wheels to fix it.” He said he never got over the disaster.After he retired in 1982, Kraft complained about the high cost of developing the next generation of rockets and NASA’s plans to land humans on asteroids, and he lamented the loss of shuttles Challenger and Columbia.Recalling the 1986 Challenger explosion, he seemed to still think of himself as part of the team, saying, “We weren’t willing on the shuttle to fix the O-rings in the boosters. We weren’t willing to take the damn system by the hand and fix it before we said we were going to fly. … We had a creed in Mercury that we came up with and that said we will never fly with a known problem that will kill us. Never. … We did on the shuttle. … That was unforgivable.”Still, he was proud of what he was able to accomplish, and pushed for more. He said, “We need to have that curiosity. We need to have that innate feeling of be ready. Be prepared. It pays off in success.” Kraft thought NASA had stopped being bold after the moon missions. He said, “We didn’t do the follow-on and we could have and we should have.”Many of his original ideas remain in use today. In fact, Mission Control Center in Houston is named after him. And he told NPR he had flown in space himself, sort of.“I flew on every flight — vicariously. I didn’t have to go. I mean that. I used to tell people back then when we’re flying, I have this feeling that’s what we’re doing all the time. And then when we stop flying, I don’t believe we did it. That was a strange feeling. … I was in my revelry when we were flying. My people were the same way. It was such a tremendous pleasure out of making things happen well and safely and knowing that they were contributing to that part of the program. I think it was extremely important to all of us and that was our payoff. We didn’t make any money working for the government. But we sure got a hell of a lot of enjoyment out of it.”Kraft never saw a launch with his own eyes. He was either working the mission or, later in life, watching from home on television.Copyright 2019 NPR. To see more, visit https://www.npr.org.
Facebook is expanding the content available to users of is Portal smart display slash video calling device: The company is bringing news content from ABC News and CNN to the device, which can now also be used to browse the web.The launch of a new web browser to Portal will enable users to visit their favorite sites, check out recipes, and even play videos from YouTube. Facebook is also adding its web-based casual Instant Games to the device, allowing users to play “Words with Friends,” “Draw Something,” “Sudoku” and a handful of other titles.Facebook launched Portal in October with an emphasis on video calling: The device, which is available with two screen sizes, comes with an integrated smart camera that automatically focuses on users as they move through the room — something that is supposed to enable more natural video calls. But from day one, Facebook also added apps from a number of content partners, including Food Network, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio and Newsy. The company also tightly integrated Portal with its own Facebook Watch video service.With Friday’s additions, Portal users will be able to consume additional news content, and also have access to CNN’s Great Big Story video offering. And the company also added a few more video calling features, including additional AR effects. ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15 Popular on Variety