Tag:

上海洋妞交流群

Liverpool fire Rodgers

first_imgBrendan Rodgers was fired as Liverpool manager yesterday, paying the price for the club’s 18-month slump since almost ending their long wait for an English league title. Liverpool’s American owners, Fenway Sports Group, chose the day of the Merseyside derby against fierce rivals Everton to announce that Rodgers’ three-year stint at Anfield was over. About three hours after the 1-1 draw at Goodison Park, Rodgers had his contract terminated. “All of us have experienced some wonderful moments with Brendan as manager and we are confident he will enjoy a long career in the game,” the FSG’s ownership group said. “Although this has been a difficult decision, we believe it provides us with the best opportunity for success on the pitch. Ambition and winning are at the heart of what we want to bring to Liverpool, and we believe this change gives us the best opportunity to deliver it.” TURNING POINT RODGERS’ REPLACEMENT Liverpool said the search for Rodgers’ replacement was under way, with much of the media speculation centering on Juergen Klopp, who is on a break from football after leaving German side Borussia Dortmund at the end of last season. The timing of the announcement caught many by surprise, but the upcoming international break means Liverpool’s next league game isn’t until October 17 – at Tottenham – giving the club two weeks to hire a replacement. Liverpool are in 10th place in the Premier League after winning three of their first eight games. Heralded as one of English football’s brightest coaches, Rodgers was hired in June 2012 to revive one of England’s biggest clubs after a period of financial and ownership problems. Initially, he proved the perfect fit. With the prolific Luis Suarez pouring in goals for the side, Liverpool launched an unexpected title challenge in the Premier League in the 2013-14 season and came up just short, finishing two points behind Manchester City in second place. Rodgers was admired for his style of football, his tactical awareness, and his insistence on giving youth – and English players – a chance. He also conducted himself well in all the engagements that came with the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough Stadium tragedy in which 96 Liverpool fans died during a crush at an FA Cup semi-final. But things turned for Rodgers once Suarez left for Barcelona in July last year. With fellow striker Daniel Sturridge spending half of last season out injured, Liverpool struggled for goals and ended up finishing sixth to miss out on the Champions League. Rodgers’ gamble in signing Mario Balotelli failed, and the mercurial Italy striker was loaned to AC Milan two months ago. Liverpool was one of the biggest spenders in the Premier League this offseason, overhauling its playing group after selling Raheem Sterling to City and losing long-serving captain Steven Gerrard to the MLS. Rodgers won’t be given time to see if newcomers like Christian Benteke, Roberto Firmino, and Danny Ings can make a difference. Rodgers had been the second longest-serving manager in the Premier League behind Arsenal’s Arsene Wenger.last_img read more

CROOK FRANCOIS LOSES COURT CASE

first_imgThe financial regulator in the North has obtained full control of over Stg£20m from a crook Francois de Dietrich.More than 200 Donegal people lost millions in the scam run from offices in Ballybofey – and exposed by donegaldaily.com.The Financial Services Authority (FSA) secured judgment at the High Court in Belfast in its case against him and his firm ETIC Solutions. A judge ruled the FSA was entitled to recover all losses of ETIC’s clients.Mr Justice Deeny said: “The sum involved only consists of deposits and not of the sums promised to the investors in this illegal investment scheme.”The order represents the total amount identified as having been deposited in the scheme. Interest was also included in the order at a rate set at 6%.Mr Justice Deeny declined to fix interest at a more punitive level. “We don’t at this stage know the profits made by the defendants and I’m unwilling to speculate on this at the present time,” he added.Legal costs were also awarded to the FSA. The summary judgment, delivered without a full trial of the issues, was for Stg£21,556,576 in total.Laura Gillespie, a lawyer at McGrigors who has been acting on behalf of the FSA, says: “We welcome today’s decision which is a major step forward in the litigation against Mr. De Dietrich.“The result again demonstrates that the authorities are committed to stamping out wrongdoing no matter where it takes place.”An injunction to stop de Dietrich accessing or moving any funds remains in force.Scores of people on both sides of the Irish border, many based in the Donegal area, invested in the scheme which promised high returns.However, de Dietrich disappeared leaving investors with massive losses.The FSA then intervened and froze more than £20m in assets linked to de Dietrich. He has insisted that his businesses were legitimate and that he was working to return all outstanding money.Francois is living in a village in France – tracked down by the BBC earlier this year.In January he was jailed in his absence for 18 months for contempt of court in failing to fully disclose his worldwide assets.Lawyers representing de Dietrich are due to appeal against the prison sentence next month.They are expected to argued that the order for full disclosure was draconian and that he complied with requirements to reveal all business interests on either side of the order.CROOK FRANCOIS LOSES COURT CASE was last modified: December 16th, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:crookFrancois de Dietrichon the runscamthieflast_img read more

Lights out – Caution urged as Oldtown left in darkness

first_imgSTREET lights in the Oldtown area of Letterkenny are currently not working.Donegal County Council has urged drivers and pedestrians to exercise caution in the area.DCC say that the service provider has been notified of the outage. Street lights around old town area of #Letterkenny are currently out tonight Friday. The service provider has been notified. Drivers and pedestrians should exercise caution in the area. pic.twitter.com/RMKNbBV3qG— DonegalCountyCouncil (@donegalcouncil) December 13, 2019 Lights out – Caution urged as Oldtown left in darkness was last modified: December 13th, 2019 by Chris McNultyShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

South Africa ‘event destination of choice’

first_img29 February 2012 South Africa is fast becoming one of the world’s favourite destinations for big events, meetings, conferences and exhibitions, Tourism Minister Marthinus van Schalkwyk told delegates at the Meetings Africa expo in Johannesburg on Tuesday. According to Van Schalkwyk, the country has already secured over 200 international conferences over the next five years, which are expected to attract around 300 000 delegates and provide an economic boost of more than R1.6-billion. “We will encourage business travellers to stay longer to explore our country’s tourist offerings and, of course, to return with their families,” Van Schalkwyk said. Van Schalkwyk said South Africa’s capability and infrastructure for business tourism was superb. “Besides the three big national convention centres in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban, our destination is home to numerous other facilities that give the world’s meetings and conference organisers the same quality, variety and choice that South Africa offers across the larger tourism sector.”National Convention Bureau of South Africa Meetings Africa is the biggest business-to-business tourism exhibition on the continent. This year’s event introduces the industry to the National Convention Bureau of South Africa, an entity that will give the larger industry a strategic and operational platform from which to boost the country’s business tourism global competitiveness. The National Convention Bureau, which starts operating in April, will be central to South Africa’s ambition to leverage the global opportunities to remain Africa’s number one host of meetings and conferences. Established in November and headed up by executive manager Amanda Kotze-Nhlapo, the Bureau will act as a “one-stop shop” for independent information and assistance, giving neutral advice on all aspects of hosting and organising any business tourism-related event in South Africa. The Bureau has set a target for 2012/13 of supporting at least 30 bids for new international meetings, with a potential of 18 000 delegates and R162-million in direct economic spend. More than 200 international hosted buyers are attending Meetings Africa this year, engaging with the South African and regional industry to conclude deals which seek to grow business tourism arrivals. The buyers, hosted by South African Tourism, come from 18 markets which include the United Kingdom, USA, Australia, Kenya, Germany, Netherlands, China, Brazil and Nigeria. Source: BuaNewslast_img read more

South Africa raises women’s health awareness at UN

first_img29 September 2015Thobeka Madiba-Zuma, South Africa’s first lady, has used her presence in New York City, where she is attending the 70th session of the United Nation General Assembly (UNGA), to promote women’s health awareness.Arriving in #NYC for historic #UNGA#UN70 Adoption of 17 new global goals for sustainable development by 2030 pic.twitter.com/JNT3I2Kczd— TMZ Foundation (@tmzfoundation)September 28, 2015Two issues relevant to women’s health, namely cancer, especially cervical and breast cancer, and HIV prevention and treatment, were in focus.Madiba-Zuma participated in UNGA meetings such as “Putting cancer on the global agenda: the time to act now” on 27 September, as well as the Organisation of First Ladies Against HIV and Aids roundtable event, “Building on Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) to invest in the post-2015 development agenda”, on 28 September. The latter had a focus on adolescent and young people’s health.African #firstladies use our voices for continued advocacy for a #cancersmart world #pnbcf#UNGApic.twitter.com/MdIoVcQn0d— TMZ Foundation (@tmzfoundation) September 28, 2015“The only way we are going to address women’s sexual and reproductive health including cervical and breast cancer, HIV, Aids and TB, is to ensure that policies, programmes and services are integrated,” she said. “When a woman visits a health care provider, whether it is a GP or a nurse at a clinic, she should be treated as a whole person with a range of health needs.“It is my responsibility to the people of South Africa to ensure that women’s sexual and reproductive health is kept high on the national and global agenda,” she said.South Africa’s progressSouth Africa has the biggest HIV treatment programme in the world and has managed to reduce mother-to-child transmission of HIV at six weeks from 8% in 2008 to 2.6% in 2013. Currently, though, adolescent girls and young women between the ages of 10 and 24 are being left behind by the national Aids response.Madiba-Zuma advocated for strategic yet innovative and flexible strategies for adolescent girls and young women with regards to HIV prevention and treatment, with a clear link to sexual and reproductive health.Through the Thobeka Madiba-Zuma Foundation, she works locally and globally with partners to advance the agenda on breast and cervical cancer, HIV and TB.UNGA 70This year’s General Assembly is historic for two reasons: it marks the 70th anniversary of the UN and the MDGs make way for the adoption of new global goals for sustainable development.“The 70th anniversary of the UN is an opportunity to reflect – to look back on the UN’s history and take stock of its enduring achievements,” said secretary-general Ban Ki-moon. “It is also an opportunity to spotlight where the UN – and the international community as a whole – needs to redouble its efforts to meet current and future challenges across the three pillars of its work: peace and security, development, and human rights.”More than 150 world leaders have gathered for the UN Sustainable Development Summit at UN Headquarters in New York to formally adopt the new sustainable development agenda. This agenda will serve as the platform for action by the international community and governments to promote shared prosperity and well-being for the next 15 years.Vaccination programmeThe first round of the human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccination campaign ran from 23 February to 20 March this year. The campaign was conducted by the national Department of Health to protect young girls from getting cervical cancer caused by HPV. All girls in Grade Four who were nine years and older were to be vaccinated provided their parents had signed the consent forms. An estimated 500 000 girls in 18 000 public schools were to be vaccinated.South Africa took a major step towards protecting women against cervical cancer on 12 March 2014 when Health Minister Aaron Motsoaledi launched the government’s HPV vaccine campaign, targeting girls aged between nine and 12 years old.HPV is a major cause of cervical cancer, which is responsible for the deaths of over 3 000 women in South Africa every year. The vaccination campaign will run during March and April. After six months, the same girls will receive the second dose of the vaccine.“Today, South Africa [becomes] one of the few countries on the continent to provide this vaccine to all Grade 4 learners,” Motsoaledi said at the launch. “The one country which provides this vaccine is Zambia, and it only gives 25 000 vaccines. It’s a serious disease affecting women around the world.”About 3 000 health workers have been trained to administer the vaccine, according to the Health Department. The Treasury has allocated R400-million for the campaign.Madiba-Zuma was at the launch in 2014, and said that many women died painful deaths as a result of breast and cervical cancers. “South Africa today is witnessing a huge milestone, a step towards the right direction, which is prevention is better than cure,” she said at the time.Source: SAnews.gov and SAinfo reporterlast_img read more

2018 Fort Wayne Farm Show Digital Deals!

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Be sure to take these special offers with you to the Ft. Wayne Farm Show, January 16th, 17th and 18th!last_img