Tag:

上海楼凤QI

Bucks re-sign 40-year-old guard Jason Terry

first_imgThe 40-year-old Terry is beginning his 19th season in the NBA. He appeared in 74 games with the Bucks last year and averaged 4.1 points in 18.4 minutes per game. He also made 73 3-pointers in 171 attempts from beyond the arc.The 6-foot-2 Terry, who was selected by Atlanta with the 10th overall pick in the 1999 draft, has career averages of 13.8 points and 3.9 assists in 1,359 games.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSRedemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie ThompsonSPORTSMayweather beats Pacquiao, Canelo for ‘Fighter of the Decade’SPORTSFederer blasts lack of communication on Australian Open smog OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ‘a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next In ‘Jojo Rabbit,’ Comedy and Drama Collide Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Mos Burger to open in Manila; teases with a pop-up It’s too early to present Duterte’s ‘legacy’ – Lacson APMILWAUKEE — The Milwaukee Bucks have re-signed Jason Terry after the veteran guard shot 42.7 percent from 3-point range last season.The Bucks announced the contract Monday night. There was no word on the length or value of the deal.ADVERTISEMENT How to help the Taal evacuees DAY6 is for everybodycenter_img MOST READ Jake says relationship with Shaina ‘goes beyond physical attraction’ View comments Margot Robbie talks about filming ‘Bombshell’s’ disturbing sexual harassment scene Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours PBA teams not obliged to lend players to PH squad for Champs Cup, says Reyeslast_img read more

Food Aid Groups Await Potential Impact from White House Budget

first_imgWith President Barack Obama’s budget expected on Monday, agricultural groups, including the American Soybean Association (ASA) are anticipating potential changes to the nation’s food aid programs. In late February, ASA contacted the president to oppose rumored changes in the structure of the food aid system contained in the White House budget. ASA followed the original letter with similar letters to the House Committees on Agriculture, Appropriations, Budget and Foreign Affairs, and the Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture; as well as the Senate Committees on Agriculture, Budget and Foreign Relations, as well as the Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture.Proposed changes contained in the budget would restructure the nation’s foreign aid programs by eliminating the Food for Peace and Food for Progress programs and replacing them with a much smaller cash account managed by the U.S. Agency for International Development.”The Food for Peace and Food for Progress programs provide nutritious foods to developing markets and have been a key priority for ASA for multiple years,” said ASA President Danny Murphy. “We are expressly opposed to the replacement of in-kind food aid with cash aid, which takes a key market away from American producers, placing aid recipients at a potential risk by allowing them to purchase commodities from foreign suppliers whose safety and quality are unknown.”ASA has been a leading driver of a broad-based coalition to oppose the restructuring that includes representative groups in the agriculture, supply chain and logistics, labor, non-governmental organizations, and development industries.last_img read more