Tag:

上海干磨398

Knicks to be Without Services of Amare Stoudemire

New York Knicks forward Amare Stoudemire will miss up to the season’s first three weeks with a left knee injury, a blow to a team with aspirations of making a mark when the year begins.Stoudemire returned to New York on Sunday for an MRI, which revealed a ruptured benign cyst. He had sat out the first two game of the preseason with a left knee bruise.He only played in one exhibition game so far. In Friday’s game against the Toronto Raptors he scored 18 points in 27 minutes, then sat out against Boston on Saturday.The Knicks will move Carmelo Anthony to the power forward position until Stoudemire can return.  They could also use 40-year-old Kurt Thomas in Stoudemire’s spot.This is not Stoudemire’s first injury, who who had microscopic surgery on his left knee in 2005 and arthroscopic surgery on his right knee the following spring. The Phoenix Suns refused to offer him a fully guaranteed maximum contract in 2010 because of his injuries.  The Knicks did not even insure his contract in 2010, when he signed for $100 million.Last season Stoudemire was limited to 47 games last season and averaged just 17.5 points, his worst total since his rookie season of 2002-03. He missed 15 games because of injury, though none because of knee problems.Long time friend Nets guard Deron Williams knows Stoudemire’s injury history, but had positive words for him.“That’s tough. I hope he gets better,” Williams said. “He’s had some struggles with injuries, but it doesn’t change how we think about the Knicks. They still have a good team.”The Knicks overcame the trials to finish 36-30 last season, losing in the first  round of the playoffs for the second straight year. Anthony played some of his  best ball when Stoudemire was injured and he moved to the power forward spot,  but both have said they can flourish in tandem after finally having a training  camp together.That will have to wait until Stoudemire gets healthy.  T\\\ read more

Cardiff to be active in January window says Warnock

first_imgCardiff manager Neil Warnock has revealed that the club will bring in reinforcement in “two or three positions” when the transfer window opens in January.Warnock has been playing Callum Paterson, a right back in the striker role in recent games, and has identified the center forward position as one of his priorities.“We’re looking at two or three positions,” Warnock told Sky Sports.“We’ve made offers for strikers but it’s not as simple as that. Not only is it the offer that’s got to be accepted but is they better than what you’ve got in January? Are the teams going to let good players go in January?AAIB responds to Sala’s family request to recover the plane’s wreckage Manuel R. Medina – August 14, 2019 The Air Accidents Investigation Branch says they already explained their decision not to recover the plane’s wreckage to Sala’s family and the pilot’s.“We’re not the market where we can go and spend anything like the top half of the Premier League. We’ve got a certain market and we’ve got to try and get the best out of it.“I don’t think we will be spending silly money – well, I know we won’t. Mehmet Dalman, the chairman, he’s been working hard to bring a striker in. He knows how difficult it is now because it is a bad time to try and get one in.“They’ve always been supportive but for me, if they’re not better than what we are or if it’s ridiculous money I’d rather stick with what we’ve got. I know it sounds silly but I’d rather stick with what we’ve got, because we’ve got a great group.”last_img read more

VIDEO Selectwoman Candidate Suzanne Sullivan Discusses Her Campaign With WCTV

first_imgWILMINGTON, MA — Wilmington Town Moderator Rob Peterson recently interviewed Wilmington Selectwoman candidate Suzanne Sullivan as part of WCTV’s 2019 Candidate Conversations series.Learn about Sullivan’s background in town, her qualifications, why she’s running, what she would bring to the board, and what she feels are the most important issues currently confronting Wilmington.Sullivan is vying for one of the two 3-year seats on the Board of Selectmen at the April 27 Town Election. Sullivan, Rob Fasulo, Mark Maselli, and Daniel Murphy are challenging incumbents Greg Bendel and Kevin Caira.Watch the 9-minute interview, courtesy of Wilmington Community Television, below:—Video Playerhttps://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wilmington.castus-vod/vod/video/95773508-f454-4e0e-9c15-32042775641a/video.original.mp400:0000:0009:17Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.—Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedVIDEO: Selectman Greg Bendel Discusses His Re-Election Campaign With WCTVIn “Videos”VIDEO: Selectman Candidate Rob Fasulo Discusses His Campaign With WCTVIn “Videos”VIDEO: Selectman Kevin Caira Discusses His Re-Election Campaign With WCTVIn “Videos”last_img read more

Kwesé Iflix the joint venture between Kwesé owner

first_imgKwesé Iflix, the joint venture between Kwesé owner Econet Media and emerging market SVOD service Iflix, has launched a new mobile app in Zimbabwe.The Kwesé Iflix app will be available to Econet Wireless mobile subscribers and will offer live linear content – including coverage of all 64 FIFA 2018 World Cup games – alongside a line-up of on-demand and entertainment programmes.Kwese Iflix said that the app’s sport offering will also include select NBA games while the entertainment content will include thousands of programmes spanning international, regional and local programmes curated especially for an African audience.“Kwesé Iflix is significant to us because it symbolises the beginning of our official partnership especially launching in one of our flagship markets, Zimbabwe,” said president and CEO Joseph Hundah.“Moreover, it is an innovative product that brings young people a combination of premium sports and entertainment content and we are excited to be at the forefront of this.”Iflix co-founder and group CEO, Mark Britt, described the news as a “significant milestone” for Iflix. “Together with Econet Media, Africa’s top media company, we have created a platform specifically for African users, that makes every match of the World Cup available to users across the country on any mobile device of their choice.”Kwesé Iflix CEO, Mayur Patel, added: “The Kwesé iflix app, created for the mobile generation, now offers consumers across the region the world’s best content in a way which suits their lifestyle; anytime, anywhere, on-the-go and on their terms.”Econoet Media-owned pay TV provider Kwesé has acquired a “significant stake” in Iflix Africa in February of this year.The deal deepened the two companies’ existing partnership, with Kwesé and Iflix first partnering in August to launch a version of the latter’s emerging markets SVOD service in sub-Saharan Africa.Separately, Kwesé TV has this week partnered with Orange Liberia to launch its full pay TV service in the country, with Kwesé’s satellite set-top-box available at all Orange stores in Liberia according to local reports.last_img read more