Tag:

上海千花mm自荐

Canadian entertainer Gordie Tapp of Hee Haw dead at 94

first_img Login/Register With: Tapp eventually took his act south of the border to the popular American variety series “Hee Haw,” inspiring other Canadian performers to follow his lead.Earlier this year, comedian Colin Mochrie visited the Lasalle Park Retirement Living Community facility, where Tapp and his wife Helen lived, to pay tribute to the entertainer.During an onstage chat with Tapp, Mochrie said his career was influenced in part by “Hee Haw.”“For me, it was the first show where I realized that Canadians could make it big in America,” Mochrie said. “It was sort of an inspiration.”Despite his successes with “Hee Haw,” Tapp was resolute about staying in Canada, said his daughter Kate Tapp Mock.“We were all up here and Dad didn’t really think of himself as American. He was very proudly Canadian and he had enough work here,” she said. “He was a good family man.”Tapp also had an undercover role that brought much joy to radio listeners: playing Santa for Hamilton radio station CHML.“We kids used to have to stay out of my parents’ bedroom because he would use that phone and they would make it sound like he was calling from the North Pole. And for hours he would have to sit there and listen to all the kids and what they wanted for Christmas,” Tapp Mock said.In more recent years, Tapp was also known for appearing in TV commercials for Ultramatic beds, and was a committed philanthropist, raising funds for the Muscular Dystrophy Association and the Easter Seals Society.He is survived by his wife and his children Kate, Jeff and Barbara. Advertisement Facebook Advertisement LEAVE A REPLY Cancel replyLog in to leave a comment Advertisement Canadian entertainer Gordie Tapp, a comedian, musician, script writer and pitchman, died Sunday from complications of pneumonia at age 94.Born in London, Ont., the member of the Order of Canada and Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame inductee kicked off his career in radio before moving into TV.During the 1950s, he was a founding member of “Main Street Jamboree,” a radio and TV show out of Hamilton, and hosted the CBC music-variety program “Country Hoedown” from 1956 to 1965. Twitterlast_img read more

Assembly of First Nations granted intervenor status on BC Trans Mountain case

first_imgAPTN NewsAfter remaining relatively silent on the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion project, the Assembly of First Nations (AFN) announced Friday that is has been granted intervenor status in the B.C. government’s court of appeal case on the project.“The AFN has a long history of participating in judicial proceedings where our peoples, their rights and traditional territories are concerned,” said newly re-elected National Chief Perry Bellegarde in a statement. “Any decision in this reference case could have far-reaching impacts for First Nations across the country and the AFN is uniquely positioned to provide a national perspective on these potential impacts.“It is essential we be there and it’s positive that the court recognizes our unique role.”In April, the B.C. government asked the court to rule on whether it has the authority to regulate, and place restrictions on companies that transport bitumen through the province. The province has draft legislation written and is waiting on a ruling from the court.According to the release, the lobby group received intervenor status in June but the issue of the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion project was never raised on the assembly floor by chiefs or the AFN.The project was also never part of the resolutions chiefs voted on at the annual general assembly despite the fact that B.C. is the epicentre of opposition against the project – and a growing anti-pipeline camp being situated in nearby Burnaby.Bellegarde did comment on the fight over the pipeline extension to APTN’s Todd Lamirande.“The whole pipeline dialogue and discussion is very divisive.  Premiers are fighting each other.  Canadians disagree with it.  There’s all sides, even with Chiefs.  So you got to go to the rights and title holders.  And that’s where that decision rests.  It doesn’t rest with any council, the youth council, women’s council.  Go to the rights and title holders and that’s where the decision should be made.”A scan of news releases from the AFN shows that in May, Bellegarde released a neutral statement on the pipeline expansion project saying both sides need to be listened to.“First Nations have different positions on this project but they all agree and insist that their rights be respected, upheld and honoured by the Crown, and that includes the right to free, prior and informed consent,” Bellegarde said in a statement in May.The AFN did not say why it took until August to send a release on intervenor status in the case at the time of posting.news@aptn.ca@aptnnewwslast_img read more

5 Indications LeBron James Heat Will ThreePeat

It took a miracle Ray Allen three-point shot in last year’s NBA Finals to pull the Miami Heat from defeat to champions against the San Antonio Spurs. The teams meet again for the title, and Tim Duncan said he welcomes another shot at the Heat.Duncan and the Spurs may have wanted a chance for redemption from last year, but LeBron James has other ideas. And here are five reasons why James will do a championship dance at the end of the series:1.)  LeBron JamesThe King, as magnificent as he has been the last three years, has become a stronger player because he’s becoming more like Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant: a ruthless leader that smashes an opponent once he senses vulnerability. Credit Lance Stevenson and his antics in the Eastern Conference finals for igniting James’ sometimes-dormant fire.2.)  ExperienceThis NBA Finals appearance is the Heat’s fourth in a row. Playing this time of year for these stakes has become routine, meaning the magnitude of the occasion does not faze them.  The San Antonio Spurs are experienced in their own right. But their experience amounts to aging with Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobli in particular, who are primed to get fatigued and ineffective late in games and the longer the series stretches.3.)  VersatilityOn both ends of the court, the Heat can use various lineups to create either mismatches or tough covers. For instance, James can play four positions and can guard four spots, too. So, if Miami wants to go small and put more speed on the court, James could play power forward on one end and defend point guard Tony Parker on the other. Moving James from position to position when necessary could force the Spurs to match up in ways that would mitigate the few advantages they have.4.)  Chris BoshThe lesser of the Big Three can be a huge difference-maker because of his range on the court. Bosh can be a tough cover for Duncan because he can extend to the three-point line, pulling away Duncan’s ability to protect the rim, thereby making the Spurs susceptible to forays to the basket by James, Dwyane Wade and others.5) Parker’s InjurySpurs point guard Tony Parker has an ankle injury that might not keep him out, but certainly will slow him down. Worse, there will not be time to rest and get the ankle right, so it’s likely the injury will not get any better as the games pile up. Without Parker as effective as usual, San Antonio’s offense–against a strong defensive team like Miami–will have periods of trouble scoring. And that will be costly.LeBron James and Tim Duncan share an inspiring moment after the ’07 finals below. read more

6 Reasons The Hawks Will Beat LeBron James and

The Atlanta Hawks had the best record in the Eastern Conference, but the Cleveland Cavaliers are favored to beat them and advance to the NBA Finals. The disregard for the Hawks is palpable—and misguided. The regular season counts for something—a lot, actually. And here is why they will send LeBron James and the Cavs fishing for the summer.Home City AdvantageAtlanta is party central for the entire NBA. The restaurants, lounges, night clubs, adult entertainment spots… they draw NBA players out of their hotel rooms as if by a trance. The late-night carousing wears on a team’s legs and concentration. In an evenly matched series like this one, that energy edge very well could be a difference-maker. And even if the Cavs decide to stay in their room, they won’t be watching Being Mary Jane. The “entertainment” can—and will—come to them.Best Team AdvantageThe Hawks’ unselfish style of play has been the hallmark of the best season in franchise history. Part of the reason they are disregarded is because they do not have a superstar player. But they have four all-stars, who, if they play to their regular-season stature, far exceed the Cavs, who do not have an injured Kevin Love. Talent wins, and the Hawks have more of it. read more

New event to recycle old pumpkins

first_img November 1, 2018 KUSI Newsroom New event to recycle old pumpkins KUSI Newsroom, Posted: November 1, 2018 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Councilman Chris Cate and Environmental Services Department are asking people to go green this Halloween by hosting the First-Ever Pumpkin Recycling Event.There will be two places where people can drop off their pumpkins on Friday.The locations are at North Clairemont Recreation Center and Mira Mesa Senior Center from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m.The pumpkins must be clean and unpainted. No candles, trash, or décor. Categories: Good Morning San Diego, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

ESPN The Magazine Launches Own Web Site

first_imgAfter 10 years in print, ESPN The Magazine is finally getting its own Web site. Today, the company launched ESPNthemag.com, the first site dedicated exclusively to the magazine.“It was time,” says Robbyn Footlick, executive editor of multimedia. “A big ESPN initiative right now is focusing on developing all its content across all its platforms, so now seemed the right time to build out the magazine’s content online, including video.”The new site has been programmed like a TV network, Footlick explains, with a focus on what she calls “lunchtime programming” and updates throughout the day through blogs (what appears to be ESPN’s most aggressive blogging initiative to date) and a news infographic called “The World According to Us.” The site also features magazine content, online-exclusive stories and video. As part of the magazine’s 10th anniversary, the site includes a separate anniversary channel, featuring an interactive gallery of the more than 270 covers since the magazine’s launch.“The magazine has a different feel than the rest of the ESPN site and we really needed to represent that,” says Gabe Garner, director of interactivity for Sarkissian Mason, the firm that developed the site. He says the process took about six months. “We took a ground-up approach to the design and architecture of the site. We first needed to find ways regular readers of the magazine could get the print content they’re used to online. Then, we began to add rich media flourishes like ‘The World According to Us.’ That became a real centerpiece for bringing the magazine’s unique voice to the Web.”The site was soft-launched on Friday.last_img read more

Rival Newspapers Begin to Share Content—Will Magazines Follow

first_imgFor FOLIO:’s 2009 predictions feature (“117 Magazine and Media Predictions for 2009”), Raymond Roker, co-founder and publisher of Urb magazine, predicted that “former foes will share information on clients and prospects.”In the newspaper industry, on the editorial side, this is already happening.There was a story posted on Sunday by the Associated Press (itself a literal product of the idea of newspaper rivals sharing news resources) about how Texas’ Dallas Morning News and Fort Worth Star-Telegram—former fierce rivals—have been sharing concert reviews.Their announcement was followed by another one in December, when the Washington Post and Baltimore Sun said they would share resources to cover Maryland. That once-bitter rivals would agree to forge an unholy alliance is a product of the economic downturn, the rise of the Internet, shrinking staffs and slashed travel budgets.Gary Wortel, publisher of the Fort Worth paper, told the AP: “I don’t look at us as competitors anymore.”It’s also a way for newspaper publisher to avoid additional, demoralizing job cuts (although having to make nice with your arch rival can’t be great for morale, either).If newspapers have been pushed to do this, could magazines not be far behind?We’ve seen plenty of magazines restructure to share internal resources (see Time Inc., Source Media, Nielsen et al) but have yet to forge the sort of unholy alliance we’re seeing in newspapers. (In fact, the only one I could come up with in magazine publishing is Fader’s recent pact with the Web site Pitchfork, and that one doesn’t really pool editorial, although it’s not out of the question.) But imagine, for a second, Time and Newsweek—two of the fiercest competitors I can think of in the magazine business, outside of the celebrity category—sharing a reporter covering Sarah Palin in Alaska, for instance (or, more realistically, a local election with national implications). They already link to other on the Web. Why not in print? Alas, I have a feeling both Time and Newsweek would fold before they agreed to share reporting resources. But for other magazines, it might be another concession on the path to survival.last_img read more

VIDEO Selectwoman Candidate Suzanne Sullivan Discusses Her Campaign With WCTV

first_imgWILMINGTON, MA — Wilmington Town Moderator Rob Peterson recently interviewed Wilmington Selectwoman candidate Suzanne Sullivan as part of WCTV’s 2019 Candidate Conversations series.Learn about Sullivan’s background in town, her qualifications, why she’s running, what she would bring to the board, and what she feels are the most important issues currently confronting Wilmington.Sullivan is vying for one of the two 3-year seats on the Board of Selectmen at the April 27 Town Election. Sullivan, Rob Fasulo, Mark Maselli, and Daniel Murphy are challenging incumbents Greg Bendel and Kevin Caira.Watch the 9-minute interview, courtesy of Wilmington Community Television, below:—Video Playerhttps://s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wilmington.castus-vod/vod/video/95773508-f454-4e0e-9c15-32042775641a/video.original.mp400:0000:0009:17Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.—Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedVIDEO: Selectman Greg Bendel Discusses His Re-Election Campaign With WCTVIn “Videos”VIDEO: Selectman Candidate Rob Fasulo Discusses His Campaign With WCTVIn “Videos”VIDEO: Selectman Kevin Caira Discusses His Re-Election Campaign With WCTVIn “Videos”last_img read more

Reason why Salman Khan refused to buy Shah Rukh Khans Mannat

first_imgSalman Khan, Shah Rukh KhanReutersWhile Shah Rukh Khan is the proud owner of his famous house Mannat, it was Salman Khan who reportedly was first offered to buy the lavish bungalow.According to reports, before SRK buying Mannat, it was first offered to Salman, but he refused to purchase it. As reported, Salman in an interview had said that he was asked to buy the luxury house but eventually he did not as his father, Salim Khan did not approve.The superstar had said that his father did not want such a big house, and hence, he rejected the proposal. Later, Shah Rukh bought the famous house. In the same interview, Salman reportedly expressed his desire to ask SRK how he utilises such a huge bungalow. Salman resides in Galaxy Apartment with his family.Recently, there were reports claiming that Salman and Aamir Khan had been making frequent visits at Shah Rukh’s abode. Their repeated meetings at his houses had given rise to speculations of a big collaboration. However, till now no such announcement has been made.Meanwhile, Salman has been busy with promotions of his upcoming film Bharat that also features Katrina Kaif, Disha Patani and Sunil Grover. Directed by Ali Abbas Zafar, the movie is one of the biggest releases of this year, and is expected to create havoc at the box office. It is slated to hit the screens on June 5.On the other side, Shah Rukh after the debacle of Zero has taken a break from acting. He is yet to make any announcement regarding their future projects.last_img read more

Loch Ness monster real Couple spots mysterious creature expert says footage is

first_imgA view of the Loch Ness Monster, near Inverness, Scotland, April 19, 1934. The photograph, one of two pictures known as the ‘surgeon’s photographs,’ was allegedly taken by Colonel Robert Kenneth Wilson, though it was later exposed as a hoax by one of the participants, Chris Spurling, who, on his deathbed, revealed that the pictures were staged by himself, Marmaduke and Ian Wetherell, and Wilson.Keystone/Getty ImagesA couple named Gloria and Ian Davison has apparently captured a mysterious monstrous creature in the water while driving alongside Loch Ness in the Scottish Highlands, and they believe that it could be the Loch Noss monster, a mythical water giant depicted in Scottish folklore.The video seems very creepy, and it shows a black creature emerging from the water. Interestingly, this creature remains motionless in the water, and we can also see water splashing around it.Even though shot from a considerable distance, Gloria claims that this creature has a distinguished head and neck.”I could definitely see its back and it was a fair size. It disappeared after a minute beneath the water. I had hoped there was something Nessie in the loch – you always want to believe in something. All I can say is that we saw something we cannot explain. But it was animated and it was definitely not a seal,” said Gloria, Dailystar.co.uk reports.After analysing the sighting, Gary Campbell, a Nessie expert and recorder of the Official Loch Ness Monster Sightings Register revealed that this sighting is legit, and the footage clearly shows the monster roaming in the water.Campbell revealed that this is the seventh sighting of the year, and he assured that these are all credible captures.A few months back, Neil Gemmell, a professor at the University of Otago and his team visited Scotland and carried out several experiments to determine whether Loch Ness monsters are real. As per the latest updates, the research team is expected to reveal details of their findings next month. “We’ve tested each one of the main monster hypotheses, and three of them we can probably say aren’t right and one of them might be,” said Gimmel in a recent interview with the Scotsman.last_img read more