Army says Police did not share intelligence report

The Government also admitted today that intelligence information had been shared about a possible suicide attack in Colombo but the information had not been taken seriously by the Police.Minister of Telecommunications, Foreign Employment and Sports Harin Fernando made public a warning letter received by the authorities, which circulated on social media earlier. Senanayake said that the Army has sought an integrated system for intelligence sharing. He said that the Army is also seeking authority to investigate and make arrests. The Government had earlier said that the latter was fake.However Fernando made the letter public on his twitter account saying some intelligence officers were aware of the incidence.“Serious action need to be taken as to why this warning was ignored,” he said. The Army says the Police did not share any intelligence report of a possible attack on churches and other locations.Army Commander, Lieutenant General Mahesh Senanayake said that there was a lapse in intelligence sharing. Meanwhile, Minister Mano Ganesan said that his Ministerial Security Division (MSD) officers had also been warned by their Division a week earlier, about two suspected suicide bombers in Colombo targeting politicians. Over 300 people had been killed in the Easter Sunday attacks in Colombo, Negombo and Batticaloa. (Colombo Gazette)

0 thoughts on “Army says Police did not share intelligence report”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *