To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
Of 41 new cases announced on Friday — taking the country’s total to 13,979 — 28 were domestic infections while 13 were people arriving from overseas.Authorities warned that Saturday’s confirmed cases will likely to be over 100, as some 90 Korean workers who returned from Iraq are currently showing symptoms.The workers — some 300 of them — arrived in the South earlier on Friday. South Korea will start letting limited numbers of fans back into baseball and football stadiums, an official said Friday, as authorities seek to restore normality after the coronavirus crisis.The country endured one of the worst early outbreaks outside China but appears to have brought it broadly under control with an extensive “trace, test and treat” program while never imposing a compulsory lockdown.Social distancing rules were relaxed in early May and some professional sports — including baseball and football — started new seasons behind closed doors. Topics : From Sunday, fans will be allowed to fill about 10 percent of seats at professional baseball games, said Yoon Tae-ho of the Central Disaster Management Headquarters.The same proportion will be allowed at football matches from August 1, he added.”All tickets will be pre-sold online to record who is being admitted to the stadiums, and every spectator will be required to wear a mask” throughout the games, Yoon told reporters.The South’s daily new infections tally has varied between around 25 to 60 in recent weeks, mostly in the Seoul metropolitan area where half of the population lives.
The report also revealed property prices on the Gold Coast were “responding and increasing at a healthier rate than Brisbane” because of the buzz around the 2018 Commonwealth Games.COOMERA is set to boom according to leading real estate industry figure John McGrath.The northern suburb was Mr McGrath’s top suburb pick on the Gold Coast in his McGrath Report 2018, released today.“Coomera was the fourth fastest growing area in Queensland in the 10 years to 2016 according to the ABS,” the report states,“Coomera will benefit from new infrastructure including the $470 million Westfield Shopping Centre which is expected to open in late 2018.”Mr McGrath, who founded McGrath Real Estate, said his other top Queensland picks included Wynnum, North Lakes, Peregian Springs and Caloundra.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North2 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa22 hours ago“The affordability of southeast East Queensland is attracting record levels of interstate migration as well as rising interest from investors and first home buyers, with its housing market continuing to produce solid results,” it stated.Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 3:46Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -3:46 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenGrowth of regional hubs03:46The report also revealed property prices on the Gold Coast were “responding and increasing at a healthier rate than Brisbane” because of the buzz around the 2018 Commonwealth Games.The Gold Coast median house price increased 7.3 per cent to $620,000 in the 12 months to June, 2017 according to CoreLogic.“GC2018 will inject billions of dollars into the economy, with 6,600 athletes and officials and 100,000 visitors attending the event and a global TV audience of more than 1.5 billion expected to watch it,” the report states.“Three new competition venues and significant upgrades to several other facilities will provide important long term benefits. New venues include the Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre, which will boost the economy long term by attracting professional training camps and major events.“Construction of sporting facilities as well as the extension of the light rail have boosted the local economy.”
Tyson Fury’s dad has warned Anthony Joshua his life will turn miserable if he agrees on a deal to fight the Gypsy King. “He’ll make your life a misery and your life will never be the same again. So, think on. Eddie Hearn that’s to you as well.” Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn revealed Joshua is keen for the fight to go ahead after speaking with the WBO, WBA and IBF champ. He said: “I’ve already spoken to AJ and he wants to go into this fight next. “We have to make this fight happen. We will never, ever get the chance for two Brits to fight for an undisputed heavyweight world championship again. “I said to AJ last night, the great thing about this is you’re going into the fight as the underdog. Read Also:Warren wants Man Utd to host Fury,Wilder 3 to fulfil Gypsy King’s dream “Very rarely will you see AJ going into any fight as underdog but this time, when you look at the betting markets, he’s the underdog against Tyson Fury. “That’s perfect, just how we want it.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted Content8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You7 Theories About The Death Of Our UniverseEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldThe Highest Paid Football Players In The WorldYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black Holes5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksContemplate Life At These 10 Stargazing Locations Loading… An all-British bust-up moved a step closer on Sunday after Fury battered Deontay Wilder to land his WBC title belt. The bout would decide who will be crowned undisputed heavyweight champion of the world with both fighters willing to split the pot 50-50. Although they may have to wait until the end of the year with Wilder planning to invoke a clause to set up a trilogy of scraps. And John Fury is already stirring the pot ahead of their potential huge money showdown by warning AJ to stay away for his own good. He told IFL TV: “You’re a nice guy. You look well, you’ve got a big future but when it comes down to the beating, fighting lion heart I don’t think you’ve got it. “So, don’t mess with Tyson Fury. Keep your belts, go and fight other people but don’t mess with Tyson unless it’s worth your while, because let me tell you it’ll be the last time you ever box if you mess with him. “He will wreck you! [He is a] 19 stone, 6ft 9in wrecking machine who will not stop coming forward but he’ll come forward at you educated and he’ll punish you and he’ll school you and he’ll break your heart.
Sr. Geraldine Power, age 99 of the Srs. of St. Francis in Oldenburg, died Friday, February 16, 2018 at the convent. Born July 3, 1918 in Suttons Bay, Michigan, she is the daughter of Ruth (Nee: Steimel) and Harold Power. Her father died suddenly of a heart attack at age 28, and her mother would later marry Harry Dearing Sr., and the family would move to Indianapolis. She entered the convent September 8, 1935 and made her vows July 2, 1941.After graduating from St. Mary Academy in 1935, Geraldine entered the Oldenburg Franciscans and moved to the convent and began her teaching career in Dayton, Ohio. Her 32-year teaching career included schools in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, and Missouri when she asked to leave religious life in 1967. She continued teaching in the Indianapolis public school system until 1976 when she felt called to return to Suttons Bay, Michigan to care for her uncle. While in Michigan Geraldine continued teaching in Catholic schools in Traverse City until 1978 when she was in a near-fatal accident. After regaining her health, she was unable to teach on a full-time basis, and began working part-time at various jobs including as a pastoral minister, volunteer with the Michigan Migrant Program, as a Probate Court Volunteer for teenagers in trouble, and with the Traverse City State Hospital as a counselor.Following the death of her uncle in 1984, Geraldine began to consider returning to the Oldenburg Franciscans. In 1993 she made the transition back to religious life, and ministered as a Bibliotherapist providing library resources to the Sisters residing at the Motherhouse until her retirement. Geraldine summarized her life by saying, “As I enter the sunset of my life, I can see what blessings have been mine at every turn. Difficulties along the way have each one led me to this time. I am ready to move into the light and come to my Lord Jesus.”She is survived by nieces and nephews. In addition to her parents and step father, she is also preceded in death by sister Victoria Power; step sister Ruth Gray and step brothers Harry Jr., Victor, George, Frank, Patrick and John Dearing. Visitation is Tuesday, February 20th, from 1 – 3 p.m. at the convent. Funeral services follow with at 3 p.m. with Rev. John Geis officiating. Burial will be in the convent cemetery. Memorials may be made to the Srs. of St. Francis, P.O. Box 100, Oldenburg, Indiana, 47036 (www.OldenburgFranciscans.org). Weigel Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Twenty-eight of the 30 IMCA Modified drivers starting the All-Star race, to be held Sept. 11 at Boone Speedway during the IMCA Speedway Motors Super Nationals fueled by Casey’s, will be elected today. The Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational pays $1,000 to win. Each All-Star driver receives a firesuit from Velocita and mini-replica drive shafts from event title sponsor Fast Shafts by Axle Exchange. All voting will be conducted on the IMCA Facebook page with the electronic polls open until 9 p.m. CST. Voters must cast ballots for 10 candidates. Completing the field will be drivers with the top national point total and with the most 40-point feature wins as of Aug. 28 who compete at Super Nationals. One hundred and twenty-three drivers are on the ballot. The top three vote recipients from each of the five Modified regions are guaranteed starting spots, with their region of candidacy determined by where they made the majority of their IMCA sanctioned starts. The next 13 drivers with the highest vote totals, regardless of region, become All-Stars. VINTON, Iowa (Aug. 11) – It’s Super Tuesday and voting for the 17th annual Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational voting has begun.
Greensburg, IN—The 2019 Miss Decatur County crown was awarded to Sydney Meyer Friday in Greensburg. The competition consisted of an outfit of choice, business wear, and formal wear categories according to Meyer.She was also named Miss Congeniality. The award is chosen by the contestants. Sydney’s sponsor for the pageant was Studio 812.You can meet Sydney tomorrow at the Tri-Kappa Fourth of July Parade in downtown Greensburg that starts at 10a.
Ronnie Felder is the new mayor-elect of Riviera Beach after defeating the incumbent Riviera Beach Mayor […]
Town report wins award – October 11, 2014 Fenceviewer Staff MOUNT DESERT — Camp Beech Cliff is set to open a new 30-foot indoor climbing wall to the public on Nov. 2.The climbing wall routes are designed to present common scenarios to climbers for a variety of skill sets – from beginner to advanced.“We had to raise the money through a special fund drive and many individuals and families helped up out,” said the executive director at the camp, Debra Deal, in a press release.“It didn’t look like we were going to make it and then Cadillac Mountain Sports generously pledged $5,000. Thanks to that gift in particular, we were able to meet our deadline,” the director said. The climbing wall was built by Rockwerx of Massachusetts.Camp Beech Cliff plans two climbing programs that would use the new wall. The “Wall Nuts” program is scheduled for Friday evenings from 6 to 8 p.m. for young climbers ages 6 and older. A second program held for climbers ages 16 and older would be held Monday nights 5:30 to 8 p.m.Harnesses and helmets will be provided and instructors will be onsite to supervise and help climbers reach their personal goals. Sessions cost $8 for children (ages 15 and younger) and $14 for adults. Individuals could purchase 10-session passes that are $50 for children and $100 for adults.For more information, contact Sylvie at 244-0365.For more sports news, pick up a copy of the Mount Desert Islander. Bio This is placeholder textThis is placeholder text Latest posts by Fenceviewer Staff (see all) Latest Posts Fitness trainer is now cancer-exercise expert – October 12, 2014 Schoodic Grange hosting sale – October 30, 2014
Bengaluru: Former India wicket-keeper batsman Syed Kirmani Friday said sledging in cricket is something which is not new and has been prevalent since the game’s inception. Kirmani’s remark came in the backdrop of veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah’s criticism of India captain Virat Kohli’s on-field behaviour during the ongoing Test series Down Under. Kirmani said Kohli’s aggressive on-field behaviour is his natural instinct.“Naseeruddin Shah, and everybody else have their opinions. Everybody looks at things with different perspective. So, I have nothing to contradict with what Naseeruddin Shah has to say about Kohli. Look, there are natural instincts embedded in everybody. Those natural instincts in their blood cannot be changed,” he said here.Also read | What must Virat Kohli’s India do to win the Melbourne Test and series in Australia?“We never had the advantage of IT and third umpire, but we played cricket in gentlemen’s spirit. I am very proud of it. However, there was sledging in our time too. It will not die,” Kirmani added.Kirmani was replying to a question on Shah’s comments about Kohli on the sidelines of 100-year celebration of Bangalore United Cricket Club. Shah, on December 18, had slammed Kohli by calling him the world’s “worst behaved batsman” in a tweet.The last sentence of Shah’s post was in reference to Kohli’s recent social media post, asking cricket fans to leave India, who admired foreign cricketers. Kirmani also said introduction of fines by third umpires proves that the game is not played in gentleman’s spirit now.Also read | Virat Kohli continues to rule the cricketing world – latest ICC rankings are proofKohli was caught embroiled in an ugly spat with his Australian counterpart Tim Paine during the ongoing series Don Under. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.